The contest has 5 (five) sections:
- Primary, Grades 1-4;
- Gymnasium, Grades 5-8;
- High school, Grades 9-12;
- Students and Master.
II. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS
II.1 The Contest „PIANO ARTIS” is for children in preschools and pupils in art schools, and also for students of the art universities;
II.2 The contest has only one stage, with the following required repertory:
- Preschool and First Grade
- a classical miniature musical piece (minuet, quadrille, plaid, dance, bagatelle, etc.) or the first part of a sonatina;
- a classical musical piece chosen by the candidate from the pre-classical, romantic, modern or Romanian repertoire.
The maximum duration of the repertoire: 5 minutes.
- Grades 2-4
- a study;
- a pre-classical musical piece;
- a classical musical piece: the first part of a sonatina / sonata or a Theme with variations / Rondo (independent pieces).
The maximum duration of the repertoire: 10 minutes.
- Grades 5-12
- a study;
- a classical musical piece: the first part of a sonatina / sonata or a Theme with variations / Rondo (independent musical pieces);
- a musical piece from the pre-classical, romantic, modern or Romanian repertoire.
The maximum duration of the repertoire: grades 5-8 – 15 minutes, grades 9-12 – 25 minutes.
- Student and Master
- a study of virtuosity from the following composers: F. Chopin, F. Liszt, S. Rachmaninov sau A. Scriabin;
- a musical piece from Johann Sebastian Bach (Preludes, Fugues, Toccatas, French or English Suites);
- a musical piece chosen by the candidate from the classical (first part of the sonata), romantic, modern or Romanian repertoire.
The maximum duration of the repertoire: 30 minutes.
NOTE: In case of failure to respect the maximum duration of the repertoire, the jury has the right to interrupt the candidate.
II.3 The program will be presented from memory without rehearsal. The repertoire communicated in the application form can not be changed afterwards. The competitors are required to leave photocopies of the presented musical works at the contest secretary.
II.4 Documents required for participation are:
- Registration form for the contest;
- Photocopy of birth certificate;
Registrations can be made through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of absence the registration documents will NOT be returned.
II.5 The registration is opened between the following dates: 15 February – 15 March, 2017.
III. EVALUATION CRITERIA
III.1 The evaluation of the practical stage is presented in the evaluation form attached to the standing orders.
III.2 The results of the practical stage are assessed on a scale from 1 to 100.
– The score of each candidate is given by the arithmetic average (without rounding) of the scores awarded to the contest. If the difference between the scores given by the jury members is more than one point, the president of the contest will require reconsideration of the stage.
III.3 Decisions of the jury are final, appeals are not allowed.
III.4 The ranking of candidates is based on class, in the descending order of the obtained score.
III.5 Will be granted awards and endorsements for each class as follows:
1st Prize: 98 – 100 points
2nd Prize: 94 − 97 points
3rd Prize: 90 − 93 points
Endorsement: 85 − 89 point
– Candidates who achieve 100 points will participate in the Final Stage for the Grand Prize.
– Will be awarded special diplomas for the best interpretation of a preclassical, classical, romantic, modern or Romanian musical work.
III.6 Jury members are: Jury Members List.
** Iași City Hall will offer prizes to the teachers with outstanding results in this contest.
IV.1 The contest will run by the following schedule:
- Saturday, 25 March 2017 − contest;
- Sunday, 26 March 2017 – contest and ceremony.
V. FURTHER ADO
V.1 The jury will consist of piano teachers from pre-university and university education system;
V.2 The jury has the right to interrupt a candidate if it exceeds the maximum duration of the repertoire imposed by the present Standing Orders;
V.3 The order of the candidates will be determined by the organizers and communicated in a timely manner;
V.4 The contest is open to the public;
V.5 Transport, accommodation and meals will be paid by participants. On request we can book the dormitory of the National College of Arts “Octav Bancila”, Iaşi;
V.6 Registration in the contest suppose the reading and agreement of the above standing orders.
Prof. Carmen Șoltuz – tel. 0745641057, email: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Roxana Ota – tel. 0742485912, email: firstname.lastname@example.org